Monday, December 3, 2007

View from the Front Porch


Sitting on the front porch to drink my coffee is one of my favorite things on cool summer and warm fall mornings. The sun comes up and hits the pond next door and it gleams like a diamond. The deer and turkey apparently enjoy it as well. I often see them slip out of the woods to nip a little hay or take a drink.

Life truly moves to a slower beat here. There is no rush and bustle, things get done when they get done and usually not before. I wonder sometimes if it's because many people who move here to retire. And the rest are like me and trying to get away from the stress of the city. Certainly the native Southsider's will tell you that "it just ain't as rural as it used to be...I barely know anyone at the Food Lion these days."

No comments: